- No one in the company is hired or fired without his personal approval.
- No one can exceed a budget number without the approval of the CFO. (this one's OK)
- No one does anything with an employee without HR's approval. (this one really sucks)
- No one does anything with technology without the IT VP's blessing. (depending on the situation this can suck a lot too)
5. No decision made under the first four provision is final until it is approved by the VP of Sales and marketing.
All of the items in the top 4 have a potential to significantly impact customer's and revenue. 1. Undermine the authority of a manager by over ruling a hire fire decision can easily impact revenue. 2. Fail to spend over budget when necessary on a key product, sales or service items and revenue can suffer. 3. Getting tangled up in HR policy and procedure can kill initiative undermining revenue. 4. Finally, make the wrong technology decision and customer can have a miserable experience with the company motivating him or her to shop for a new vendor.
It all rolls back to me or should I say revenue. It only stands to reason that I should have the final say on all matters related to people, money and technology. Without such authority how could we possibly succeed in our quest for fame, wealth and power.
Thanks for reading