Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Men don't read directions


If you ever drive your car you may want to skip this post. One of the wonderful benefits of my career and desire to be a big cheese leader has been a pretty nasty migraine head pain problem. I have always been able to manage it with only brief periods of incapacitation. My latest hot remedy is Imitrex this is nothing less than a miracle drug for me.

I decided to try the nasal spray version of this to see if it would work faster. So today I got my first batch of the new stuff. I never had a chance to read the directions other than the large print at the top of the patient information sheet. The ever present .... do not operate ....... until you know how this medication effects you. Yea, yea, yea. I was late for a meeting this morning and felt a headache coming on. Now with migraines you don't mess around with this. You treat it and you treat it now.

So while IN the car DRIVING to my meeting I take my first dose of the nasal Imitrex. Not to worry it was a non-event. No one was hurt and my car is still in excellent condition. Oops, now that I think of it, it was a rental car. Oh yes and the Imitrex worked really well. I have a new best friend.

I suspect there are a lot of people out there like me. So we all need to watch out and I need to do better in the future. Rental car or not.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: